We want you to try 5 new looks this fall. As the seasons change, so does our wardrobe. This season, we encourage you to experiment with prints, textures, hemlines and utilitarian trousers. Do you have any of these items in your closet?
Statement Trench Coats
1. Statement trench coats should be a staple piece in your closet this season for numerous reasons. It’s an easy upgrade to any basic outfit and a great layer to the creative canvas beneath. When sporting your coat in jeans and a T-shirt, whether you decide to wear boots or Adidas, your coat’s hemline creates a beautiful contrast of print and texture on the legs. Bold your basic!
2. It’s a top, it’s a dress, it’s the oversized sweater. This sweater has got to be the most transitional basic to have this season. You can tuck it in a pair of wide leg jeans, layered atop a pair of leather skinnies, or worn solo with a pair of woolly socks in combat boots. Sweater ideas can be a bold color like yellow or orange with extended options in texture such as sequins or fur.
Reptile Ankle Boots
3. Once the temperature starts to cool down, your shoe options slowly become limited. For those of you going out for food and drink but don’t want to subject yourself to sandal or pump styles, can opt for a reptile print bootie. It’s a pretty neutral print with a statement all it’s own. Pair this classic print with an all black look composed of a long sleeve turtleneck, tucked into faded black palazzo jeans. You can either make this shoe the center of attention, or an added bonus to a flawless look.
The Power Blazer
4. It’s in the name, ladies & gentleman. This jacket either makes you look like the CEO or a Vogue cover story. In both scenarios, you win. Once you’ve nabbed the perfect jacket for you, you can dress it up or down in various ways. Start off earlier in the day running errands in a graphic T-shirt tucked underneath. Then switch it up, and head into the office with a light wool sweater after lunch. Later on, you can catch up with the team for dinner sporting the same blazer layered on top of a silk camisole for a softer touch.
5. Cargo pants are great because they are practical and functional. They eradicate the need for a handbag which makes you handsfree. (For coffee) But seriously, cargo pants are statements and can pump up the basics in your closet. A suggested look would be a white oxford shirt, tucked into your cargos with a leather belt, knotted at the waist to create shape. Have your sleeves rolled up 3/4, and finish off the look with a pair of black leather peep toe booties to tie it all together.
By Abs Petit